Friday, March 8, 2024

Research morbidity.

So, I busted my *ss and wrote up a research finding precis (8,000+ words!), and I confidentially gave it to 2 friends in pdf form, along with website login info and instructions on what they should do in case I get hit by a truck before I can publicly present anything.

It really would be a shame if my one major major major finding on the one ancient language that I've been studying intensively for the past few years somehow never made it to light, and now I've taken the necessary steps to guard against that possibility.

So, barring someone having the same idea (unlikely) or stealing it (slightly more likely, but still unlikely), I'm on track by the end of the year to always being "that guy" who figured out that one thing with a very famous language, within its language family, to the point where people looking back will always be able to tell the grammars written before me, and then the grammars written after me.

All in all, it's quite something.

"Now that's a third act," I keep telling myself.

No comments: