Tuesday, October 24, 2023

A (Guatemalan) coworker on Pope Francis.

Like a couple of months ago, Pope Francis was in the news about something and I was reading that on my smartphone before the lunch rush at the (Thai) restaurant where I work now, when the one (older) (mustachioed and bearded) (broadly-built) (Guatemalan) dishwasher guy walked out to go get himself some soda from the soda machine that we have up front.

So, I asked him what he thought about the pope.

And, he didn’t seem to know his name nor anything really about him, when I asked him about it.

Right around that time, too, people had told me he had left for another job, and then the next week he was back working at the restaurant like nothing had happened, just like happened with my one (Pentecostal) (Guatemalan) coworker that one time.

So I guess that’s something that happens there, occasionally?

No comments: