Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Grating restaurant personality.

The other week at the (Thai) restaurant, this (slim) (dirty-looking) (vaguely drug-addled) (younger blonde girl) came in to pick up a delivery app order from a major vendor, and like you always do, I scurried up towards the front of the restaurant as I reeled off my standard line, "Hi, can I help you, are you picking up an order, what's the name on the order?".

And, she was like, "I don't know," and just stood there by the front doorway and shrugged.

"I'm sorry," I was like, "But what's the name on the order?".

And, she was like, "I don't know," and then she held out her phone to me as I was walking up so that I could read it, and there on the name slot was just several Chinese characters.

"See, I told you I don't know," she was like, and she laughed somewhat bitterly, though it was clear she was trying to attempt to make a joke.

Anyhow, the order wasn't ready yet and she had to come back, and I saw her then pulling the same build-up and joke on my other coworker who was working with me, and they also did not laugh at her strange and weirdly bitter behavior.

No comments: