Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Interesting surprise at my now-quit job.

At my one job at the retirement village where I have now just recently quit, one day I was in the parking lot and I see this guy who looks like my one (African) coworker from behind walking up to the staff door, but as I bicycle by him to go to the bikerack, I turn and nod to be friendly and acknowledge his presence, only to find out that this guy walking in who looks a lot like my coworker has this moustache and goatee, so I'm like, "Hunh," and then I pass by him and go lock up my bike and clock in etc., only to get on shift and realize he's there.

And then, I realize his moustache and goatee are perfectly trimmed to fit underneath a facemask, so all the times that I had worked with him, I had automatically visualized him with a clean-shaven face under there, when he had never had a clean-shaven face at all, and I only got to realize that when we overlapped outside the building and he didn't have to wear a facemask and so he wasn't wearing one and I saw him then.

No comments: