Saturday, July 24, 2021

Sad moment of severance.

With my one assisted living client with disabilities moving away, it wasn't so much the moments that you expected to end - taking her keys off of my key chain and leaving them in her kitchen - but the other ones, like realizing that I had this ziploc bag of Egyptian flashcards tucked into my backpack that I'd go through on downtime sometimes, and realizing when I cleaned out my backpack that I'd have to integrate them back into my larger flashcard set, since I already have another ziploc bag that I go take into the resthome with me and use there for my study and review.

I think that that was the moment that really made me the saddest, when I saw this little scuffed-up bag of flashcards that I hadn't thought of as something final that I suddenly was faced with and that I had to disperse.

No comments: