Thursday, September 13, 2018

The power of a word.

I edit all of my political writings like a mofo, since even small changes can make a big difference, and I always try to run the drafts by multiple people, to see what they say about this or that way of saying something or organizing something.

In my last big piece of writing I was working on, for my campaign, I ran adding the word "verifiable" in, by a guy I know from the local bar.

"Oooooooooohhhh," he was like, "I like that."

When I dug further, he said he liked how it was like, 'Go check it out' and 'this is real' and 'I'm not bullshitting you,' vs. the usual crap you see thrown around on TV, where it's nitpick-y stuff blown up to be something big.

With what I was writing about, it was in the context of statements I'm making about my opponent from different campaign disclosure reports, on whose money he's getting.

He liked that, too, since it was all major.

No comments: