Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Score at the drug store!

Like a month ago, I came home from work after a long day at the rest home, and I had dinner and read, and it was getting near midnight.

And, I was hungry for ice cream.

So, I went to the local 24-hour drugstore, and wouldn't you know it, ice cream was on sale, 2 quarts for $8, and even though they mostly still had plain vanilla and a really crappy caramel flavor, I was able to find Mint Chocolate Chip and Cookies and Cream in the back of the freezer, since I was looking for those 2 or maybe some Rocky Road.

I got that and a big bottle of wine, and then when there was a line at the automated checkouts, a (younger) (pudgy) (male) (hispanic) clerk opened up a cash register, and I went there and he was chatty, and we chit-chatted as he rang me up and I put the ice cream and the wine into a cloth bag.

"Look at that," I was like, at a pause in the conversation.  "So much happiness in one bag, and only sixteen dollars."

"A bag of happiness," he was like, "That's so funny."

No comments: