Tuesday, August 21, 2018

A bathroom oddity at my apartment.

Late at night I see something black and scurrying over the roll of toilet paper, and so I swivel it around a few times, and suddenly I see one of those small long thin black bugs that I very occasionally see scurrying across the floor tiles late at night, when my apartment's dark and I come into the bathroom and turn the light on.

I think to myself that it must have somehow crawled out onto there through the toilet paper roll holder, but then it couldn't find its way back onto the metal and so it's now just stuck on the roll, maybe inside the cardboard, maybe between the sheets.

Like a day later, as I go to get my toothbrush, I see a small long thin black bug go into a space in the wood trimwork, on the inset shelving where I keep a lot of my toiletries.

No comments: