Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Subway happenings (2 of 2): Puzzles.

The other week later that same week, I was coming home from work, and I was doing puzzles in my little puzzle magazine on this slightly drawn out commute, since there was a baseball game getting out and so there was some crowding problems on a lot of the cars and then there was some rail delays that slowed us down for a bit at a couple of stops.

Then, towards the latter half of that commute home, this (younger middle-aged) (taller) (big-boned) (black) woman next to me and I who had been chatting about delays, started doing puzzles together, since I had noticed that she was looking over my shoulder at what I was doing with this one word search puzzle and so I asked her if she wanted to do it with me and help me out.

It took us a while to finish the first puzzle from a set of four, but then we banged the second one out really quick right before my stop, though it seemed like we wouldn't have had the time.

Then, we began the third puzzle from the set, and since it turned out that she had to get off at my stop anyway since the train was suddenly going to go express to way farther down the line than she needed, I stuck around a few minutes on the platform to see if we could finish that third puzzle.

We couldn't.

So, I had her check answers, to see if we were on the right track in guessing the category that you had to find words from.

We weren't!

We both laughed, and I left to go home as the next train was pulling up, that she needed to get on.

No comments: