Monday, May 21, 2018

Am unclear if my facetime strategy in bars is working.

I'm unclear if my one facetime strategy for local bars is working well.

What I do is "bar crawl" through local bars whenever I'm out canvassing in a particular part of my district, and through that I've met bartenders and some people.

I also make an effort to try to pop into local bars near my house, if I feel like it when I get off of work late at night.

The other week when I was out canvassing, then, I hear someone call out, and it's a(n older) (skinny) (ponytailed) (white) guy in a leather jacket who I know from a local bar, whose door I had left some lit in after no response to my ringing the doorbell.

First off, he apologizes for not answering the door, since he was busy with his dog when I stopped by, and he says he actually has to go back to his apartment very soon to go get his dog ready in order to go out for a walk.

Second off, after we talk about my running for city council, he says something about seeing me around the neighborhood to talk more after he reads through my lit, if we don't see each other at the bar we go to before then.

I made sure to tell him the major parts of my campaign bio, too, after saying something like "I know we don't talk about this stuff when we've chatted at the bar, but I've actually done this and this and that."

He seemed to like it.

In contrast, people say that they never see my opponent out and about in the neighborhood.

"It's weird," one bar owner I know told me.

It's my philosophy, it's everything you can do to shave enough support off the edges.

No comments: