Thursday, November 2, 2017

Memories of the Friday night of Halloween weekend:

After a concert, my one (Spanish) professor friend texts me, that he's out at a Halloween party in my neighborhood, so after I stop through home, I walk over there, only to find that the doors had *just* closed.

So, since he's not responding to texts and whatnot, I decide just to wait around outside, to see if he's in there, and after a bit I notice I can look in through one storefront window, so I do and I think I see him, so I wait, and then finally he comes out with his girlfriend and this other (Spanish) couple that I know, and he has a green tail and this green thing on his head, as does his (Spanish) (male) friend who I've met.

"Are we dinosaurs, or dragons?!", he asks me a bit bombastically and a bit confrontationally like right a way, also a bit drunkenly, too.

"Dragons," I was like.

"See, see!", he was like, tapping his friend's chest.  "This man knows what he's talking about!".

Then, I suggest a nightcap, only they want tacos, so we all started to head over to the local taqueria.

My friend and his friend were a bit ahead of me, and were joking.

"Dragons don't buy tacos!", they were like. "We go and eat them, ROOAAAARRRR...".

Then, they were like, "We make tacos, we roast the meat for them, AASHHSAHASHASAHA," they were like, making a hissing sound like spitting fire.

At that point, I was alongside of them and by the door to the taqueria, so I pulled it open for them.

"Dragons first," I was like, "Then ladies," and then they walked in, and then their girlfriends straggled in behind them, laughing at my joke.

"Dragons first!", one was like, laughing.

Over the meal, we talked about how fucked up the situation was with Catalonia.

No comments: