Sunday, October 9, 2016

Momentary hammock horror.

I get home at like 2am and go to get my hammock off the back fire escape, and it's not there.

"Some motherfuckers stole my hammock," I think, and I suddenly realize it's expensive and I shouldn't have hung it out so blithely to dry after boiling it against bed bugs, it was a sitting duck for the heroin addicts who live here and there in the neighborhood.

As I stand there drunkenly and then start looking around the yard, I'm filled with horror on where I could sleep that night to avoid being bitten up by bed bugs, or to avoid having to lie in my current bed, which has some diatomaceous earth lying out on it, since some had fallen onto it simply weeks ago back when I was applying it elsewhere in the room.

Fortunately, I think to look in the yard next door, and I can see my hammock lying among some weeds, and I realize that when a quick storm came through, a gust of wind must have detached it and carried it off the fire escape.

The front gate to the next yard is unlatched, so I go get the hammock and shake it out, and then I go home and re-hang it and get in bed.

As I lie there and stretch, I find like 3 burrs attached to the nylon.

No comments: