Thursday, September 22, 2016

Two comments of my one art school colleague who wears women's clothes:

1) After we talked about my bedbugs and the effects of living in what he calls "the bug house", I mentioned that I get painful welts that I often scratch the skin off of to get relief, to the point where I have tons of unsightly ass scabs, and he was like, "My G-d, you're like a freaky Catholic saint with body trials!  You're like some freaky Magyar saint."

2) After talking about my successfully opening up a government investigation into discrimination at the art school, he began discussing the issue in terms bordering on a personality conflict, a common phenomenon among academics and one where I'm fearful about the consequences, so I made sure to gently point out that the step was serious and was taken in order to ward off any negative future consequences from the actions of malfeasant staff.

"Oh, I know!", he was like.  "I get you, you're like a 60s nun."

No comments: