Friday, September 9, 2016

Insect invasion.

I'm astonished by the amount of insects in my apartment this summer:

- a few earwigs I've seen late at night.

- a couple pillbugs on the walls.

- one night when I got up late to go to the bathroom, a cockroach on the kitchen floor.

- a few ants (including one carrying an egg) scurrying across my kitchen table (these might have gotten into my backpack when I was at the beach, since my backpack was on the chair next to where they appeared on the table).

- a couple carpet beetles I caught on my pillow when I was on the lookout for bedbugs.

- bedbugs (which I can't see, but whose droppings I find).

What's astonishing, too, is that I have diatomaceous earth laid out pretty much everywhere because of the bedbugs, so you think that would kill all of the crawling insects pretty quickly...

Why would they all be in my apartment now?

No comments: