Sunday, June 19, 2016

New neighbor upstairs.

So, I got a new neighbor upstairs, after the family moved out.

When they were moving in, I could hear heavy steps on the stairs, and they had their car parked outside with the doors open and music blaring, not a good sign.

For like the first day, I couldn't figure out why their steps were so heavy and clunky; at one point, I couldn't even do work at my table, the noise was so thumpy and erratic and bad.

So, I finally went up there to talk to the neighbor nicely, and she's like a (5'4") (mid-20s) (black) girl with a big 'Fro, and she had these gigantic platform shoes with hard soles sitting outside her door, which made me guess that for some reason she had been wearing them inside and walking around the apartment (?!).

I was very nice and said that though she didn't realize it because she's on the top floor, floors are thin and I've had to learn to walk softly etc. and even then I've woken up the people below me, and to wear soft shoes and to try to walk quietly, and to just stomp if she ever wants me to turn down my radio, since I play it sometimes at night and I don't want to bother her.

"Okay," she was like, very pleasantly.  "Thanks for letting me know, I'm a heavy walker."

Since then, she's been doing better, but she still walks a heck of a lot heavier than my old, adult neighbors, and she *slams* the front door sometimes.

I wonder what her upbringing was like, and where she gets her money.

My hunch is that her parents support her to some extent, and she's a bit spoiled, though a nice person inside.

No comments: