Thursday, May 5, 2016

A night of jazz with my swinger friends.

So, the other week a newer friend who I know from unionization was having a mid-week jazz night under her pseudonym that she gigs under, and my swinger friends came along since they had all met at my viewing party for when I appeared on that one major network TV soap.

At first when I showed up, the first set had just ended and practically no-one was there except for the band and my jazz singer friend, so we caught up at the bar, just me and her, with her mostly telling me about this date she had recently been on with a guy who was legally blind.

"So that means I look airbrushed?", she asked him.

(He laughed.)

Later, just as the 2nd set was about to begin and my friend had left to go get ready, my swinger friends showed up, and so it was difficult to talk what with the music playing, though we did a bit here and there during the music nonetheless.

For example, the swinger lady was telling me about the freaky stuff some guys get into, like having her lie perfectly still during sex.

"Jeffrey Dahmer did that," I was like, and then I started on my whole thing about how I've never understood why he didn't find someone who would just tolerate his kink and lie still for him.

"He was kind of cute," my swinger lady friend shrugged.

Later, between the 2nd and 3rd set, me and the swinger guy were talking more, and it turns out he does scuba diving and even volunteers cleaning tanks at the local aquarium, and he was telling me a lot of stories about how trigger fish try to nip you and dolphins will imitate your scrubbing next to you and a beluga will just out of nowhere start hovering above you, and once even when a behind-the-scenes staff washing machine went funky and got fixed, the repairmen came back b/c it supposedly went on the fritz again, but they couldn't find anything wrong with it, and it took them a while to realize that the whales were almost perfectly imitating the sound of the broken washing machine.

Then, the music began again, and towards the end of the 3rd and last set, the swinger lady told me that the swinger guy finds my jazz singer friend kind of cute.

"Her likes her style," she was like.

"Yeah, I can see that," I was like.  "Somehow her top is so loose and flow-y, but she's packed into it."

"I know,", she was like.

As the set ended, she slid her husband some money, and he went to go get a drink and then they both went up to compliment my jazz singer friend on her performance.

No comments: