Thursday, December 3, 2015

I’m so careless with Home Improvements.

I’m very impressed by how good my two (half British) (half Sudanese) sibling friends are at home improvements.

Though their tiling is a bit off here and there, perhaps due to old crooked walls, their drywalling and painting is simply immaculate.

In comparison, my own attempts at caulking are so sloppy.

Last winter I caulked a bit around where the wainscoting separated from the walls in order to cut down on heat leakage, and I just smeared caulk everywhere when I tried to smooth it out with a wet cloth like you're supposed to.

Too, a few weeks ago, I was wiping down windows in preparation for putting up plastic on them for winter, and I noticed a couple glass panes had wood flaking away that opened up gaps where cold could come in.


So, I took out my unused caulk and went to seal that up, and the next thing you know, when I wiped it, caulk was all smearing up onto the glass.

No comments: