Monday, November 9, 2015

Odd vegan dishes.

The other week, I popped over to visit my one (half Sudanese) (half British) friend for dinner as he finished up a long evening of refinishing the apartment him and his siblings bought together and are re-doing in order to rent out, and as soon as he finished up, he went to go make a meal.

Previous to that, I had offered to bring something over, but he had insisted that he'd do everything, and then that night when I asked if I could help, he was like, "No, it's just a salad, I'll make it."

We then got to talking, and after a while, I notice that he's still making the salad, and I suddenly register that he's mincing red cabbage.

Then, after a bit, he stops, walks over to his fridge, and pulls off the top of it a big box of off-brand Grape Nuts, and then walks back to the preparation area and pours it into the salad.

As it turns out, the salad was minced red cabbage, off-brand Grape Nuts, and a dash of balsamic vinegar.

Vegan dishes can be so odd.

No comments: