Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Trash-picking, then Odd Food-buying realization.

A few weeks ago - the 1st nice day of spring, with very warm evening weather - I went to go stroll through the park, and picked up trash like always.

"Thank you," said a (fat) (young) (white) gamer with a dirty blonde ponytail and a black t-shirt, as he walked by me on the uphill path.

Afterwards, I popped into the grocery store to pick up some lettuce, since I had run out.

I balked since it was $1.69 - usally it's $.99! - but then when my bill for the lettuce, some corn, a box of tofu, and a Drumstick ice cream cone came in, I was surprised that it was almost 7 bucks.

I scanned through the list, and I then realized that what was pushing the bill up unexpectedly was the Drumstick, which was $1.79, ten cents more than the lettuce.

I stood there looking at the head of lettuce and the Drumstick ice cream cone, thinking of them as equivalent foods, the one so green and the other so processed, and esp. wondering how I could so easily buy one without a thought but balk over the price of the other.

No comments: