Thursday, June 11, 2015

Great text exchange: Horror movies.

Like a month ago on a Saturday when I had on Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" and I was pulling out all my summer clothes from storage, I texted my one modern Czech literature professor friend to see what she was up to, and it turns out that she was cleaning her apartment while watching horror movies.

As she explained... (and these texts may be inexact, I'm quoting from memory) -

I just did a Saw marathon.

Immediately, I texted her back if that was better than the previous weekend, when she "saw a Did marathon."

She liked that, and so I clarified that she must have watched Did, and then the sequel "Did Too".

Next, I suggested that she must almost certainly be a fan of "the commercially unsuccessful but artistically provocative Did Three: Did Not".

She then made some joke about a sequel "Done", and I parleyed that the series ended with "Did 4: Done" - to which she replied, "...which came *after* Done Four", which made me laugh out loud.

I then replied that they rebooted the series afterwards, with "Did 5: Done Wrong".

She then said there was a knowing comedy spin-off, "Will Do", and I replied that there was also a low budget scatological parody, "Do".

She liked that.

I love texts!  So much creativity and joy in so few words!

No comments: