Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Picking up Trash in the Local Park.

The other week was the first very warm day of spring and I happened to be working from home all day, so in the early evening while the sun was still out I took some plastic bags with me and headed out to the local park I like so much.

(I save all my grape bags and bread bags and whatnot and keep them in a big bag underneath one of my kitchen counters, then take them with me to the park e to use them for trash that I pick up.)

Believe it or not, I filled up all 12 bags, and got rid of a pair of boots too, that someone had thrown out into the park.

As I was picking all that trash up, a chunky young (Latina) jogger cried out "Thank you!" as she passed by, as did a young (Asian) male jogger, a (black) and a (white) guy resting from playing soccer, and a (black) guy and a (white) woman walking around.

A (Mexican) worker also told me, "You're a good man," as he walked by.

Of them, I asked the (Mexican) worker and then the (black) guy and (white) woman to take the bags of trash I had filled and dump them in the bin by the park entrance for me, and they agreed.

The Mexican guy also commented that the boots that I had picked up weren't bad work boots at all, as I handed them to him too to take over to the bin and pitch them.

Also, as I was picking up stuff by a path, a (Chinese) guy wiped his nose on a Kleenex and then tossed it on the ground like five feet away from me, without seeing me.

"Hey!", I was like, and at that he turned back, saw me, and got shamed into going back to pick his used Kleenex up.

What a pig.

No comments: