Monday, March 23, 2015

Mouse problem redux.

I get home one Sunday from errands and then the grocery store, and after I put my bags down and kick the heat on and stand in the archway between my living room and dining room replying to a few texts, out runs a mouse, coming from behind me from somewhere in the living room and passing by me to my left and disappearing somewhere out into the shadows of the living room.

I called my landlord and my parents to try to figure out what to do since the peanut butter traps weren't working, and my mom suggested that since they liked the rice from the rice bags on the counter so much, that I sprinkle some rice near the traps.

I did that, and when I get home the other night, 2 of the traps have the rice piles still in front of them, and a 3rd has the pile eaten away but the trap is still unsprung since the mouse never went on to go after the peanut butter next to the rice pile.

So, I sprung the trap and scraped off the peanut butter (putting it in the sink, even I'm not that much of an environmentalist where I'm going to eat it!), and then sprinkled rice grains so they stuck on top of the residual peanut butter and re-set the trap.

No comments: