Friday, January 30, 2015

Wonderful interactions with public transportation workers.

The other week I emerged from the main library on campus around 9pm only to find that it was snowing pretty heavily, surprisingly.

I had to wait a relatively long time for a bus, since the one that was supposed to be there got backed up somehow.

When we finally got over to the subway terminal, I told the (black) (male) driver, "Be safe driving out there!", and he was like, "You know what?  Could you knock the ice off my wipers for me?".

So, I stepped off the bus, pulled the wiper on the right as it was moving, and let it slam against the windshield and bang the ice off.

I then motioned to him if he wanted the wiper on the left pulled and the ice banged off it as well.

He nodded with exaggerated motion so I could see him through the windshield, and after I completed that last wiper, he smiled and flashed me a big thumbs-up.

No comments: