Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Too driven?

This summer I’ve been trying to relax more, even in small ways.

For example, if I go to school to work, I don’t pack my bag the night before, and if I don’t get something done over the week, I don’t work a bit on Sunday afternoon to finish it off.


I’ve also been trying to catch myself being hepped up and anxious about things, and the other day when I was sitting by stove in the morning waiting for the espresso to get ready, I noticed myself thinking ahead to the coming day and all the things I needed to do and I noticed myself starting to get tense, and I realized that I always did that and needed to stop, since that sort of thinking doesn’t really get me any more organized and really serves no purpose at all but to make me hepped up and tense to no good end.

No comments: