Thursday, June 19, 2014

Responses to my university expose...

After like 9-10 months of research and re-writes, my basic expose of university finances finally got published and went viral at the university and somewhat in higher ed, though it never crossed into general knowledge.

Response from professors was overwhelmingly positive...  My analysis was seen as a constructive and understated presentation of substantive issues, so I think I won a lot more friends than I lost, and since academia is so shaky nowadays, it might help me get my foot in the door to places like interviews, and then people can see I'm not a rabblerouser in person.

Anyhow, since I kind of showed that the university pres and admin were being massively overpaid and were trying to cover it up, I texted a few friends to see what they thought that those people thought after they read it, if they had read it:

1) My one friend who teaches modern Czech literature responded:

Maybe, oh, snap.

 2) My one lawyer friend from Missouri responded:

[...] They probably think you meddle too much.  They're like the Scooby Doo villains.

I esp. love that last text. 

A lot of the admin people are very blatant in their actions in a kind of bungling way, so they are kind of like the Scooby Doo villains!

Many are also scientists and slightly clueless, so they're almost like silly dastardly guys in white lab coats laughing and rubbing their hands in glee at plots that are eventually foiled.

No comments: