Saturday, June 14, 2014

Friday 2am sight: Illegal activity.



Biking home from a Latino gayclub where me and my one Asian-Canadian friend had gone to have a drink at a new bar and see the show, I was taking this shortcut past a warehouse and over a bridge, and as I was passing the wall outside the warehouse, there was like 12 cars lined up parked on the side of the road, some w/lights on, and almost all w/people standing next to them or sitting on their hoods.

Most were younger and Latino, though there were some older (white) folks.

I hopped off my bike since I saw a(n old grizzled redhead white) guy in a baseball cap and dirty clothes walking his bike towards me on the sidewalk, and I asked him what was up.

He was very drunk and had red skin like a drunk and had a bit of blood streaming from a cut on his upper cheek.

He said that it was dragracing, and his explanation made a lot of sense since it was a quarter mile uninterrupted by sidestreets and a relatively quiet road, as he pointed out.

“Are you okay?”, I was like, then.  “You have a little bit of blood on your face.”

“Oh,” he was like.  “I fell.”

“Gotcha,” I was like.  

Then, I was like, “Now are you walking your bike all the way home, I hope?”.

“I sure am,” he was like, “That’s why I’m walking now.”

“Okay,” I was like, “Please do that.   Take care of yourself, there’s a lot of people out tonight and you should be safe.”

Then I said bye to him and hopped on my bike and road off up the sidewalk and over the bridge.

In the background I could hear cars revving and doing short drags up the street.

No comments: