Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Another dream of decay.

A few weeks ago, I dreamt that I opened my refrigerator, and I had tucked a longer-shaped stuffed sandwich into the upper rack on the door, and the insides had fallen down onto the rack below, and stuff had dripped out too, coating the door in food juice that was rotting and turning black with mold.

The sandwich was broken apart in the middle, with stuff falling out from each end, like its center had fallen through the bread on the bottom.

I looked more closely at the sandwich and saw that it had been wrapped in a shiny paper like they wrap Arby's sandwiches in, but the juice had soaked through that and caused the sandwich to fall apart and spill down the rack.

Some of the stuffing on the bottom rack looked almost like an hardboiled egg broken apart with the hardened yolk crumbling out all over.

No comments: