Sunday, October 27, 2013

Computer problems.



Last summer during very hot weather, my computer spontaneously blacked out after I had been word-processing on it for a while (you could feel the heat under the keyboard).

The other week, I was supposed to get a job assignment email in the evening, so I headed over to a Starbucks near my local apartment to hop on the wi-fi there and check my email.

Every time I put the wireless card in, though, the computer didn’t pick up that it had been inserted, so when I put it in deeper, the computer would black out, and up popped some error message on the screen!!!

Fortunately, a kindly (older middle-aged) (black) (female) patron next to me let me check for my work email on her son’s cast-off Blackberry.

(She had just had a normal phone, but her son’s company didn’t get good cell reception at his college that he just started at, so he got a new phone and she took over his phone and number for the rest of his contract.)

No comments: