Wednesday, April 17, 2013

BDSM unit (4 of 4): More class.


The discussion with the one submissive (white) guy who I know from the movie series went very well.

Among other quotes and topics:

- “BDSM doesn’t lead to abuse,” he was like.  “BDSM leads to carpentry.”

- Abusive and codependant relationships can be harder to discern in BDSM, since they can be hidden among the regular hurt and slave dynamics.

- Only 15-30% of scenes on a given night at the main pansexual dungeon in the city actually include penetrative sex.

- “Littles” do not always end their scenes with someone who’s a daddy coming up and fucking them.

“To clarify, so they can just show up at a dungeon, color for 2 hours, and go home?”, I was like, raising my hand and stepping into the conversation.

“Yeah, pretty much,” he was like.  “Though I hope they’re not coloring for two hours!”

“Unless their daddy tells them too,” I was like, and began to improvise voices.

I said color, damn it!”, I said in a low, gruff voice.

 “Daddy daddy, nooo!”, I immediately said in a high, little girly voice.

No, goddamnit, keep coloring, I said, keep coloring!”

“Oh daddy, I’m tired!”

COLOR!

Then I broke off my routine, laughing and snorting, and all my students laughed too.

- There are 2 male pro-doms (professional dominatrixes) in the city, but 23 female ones.

“I think that’s where all the submissive men are,” my special guest was like.  “You’re taught to keep your desires in a box, and so their clients compartmentalize their life and have a place for that and a place for their normal life, and never seek to integrate the two.”

- When asked about safety, he was like, “This is dangerous, sometimes an arm gets broken.”

Then, he added, “But, just like in relationships, you don’t know who someone really is when everything’s going great, you know who they are when you see how they react when they fuck up big time.”

- At one point, he added that he is engaged with a woman, but identifies as bisexual, and when he first got into BDSM, it was through the internet, and he played mostly with men, since if you wrote 15 dominant women and 15 dominant leather daddy gay men, 0 women would respond, but you’d have 15 emails waiting from you from dominant leather daddy gay men.

“The best way to get started is really just to suck it up, get over your fears, and start to meet people, since it’s all about networking,” he was like.  “It’s like with jobs, most jobs are already filled before they’re posted.  If people know you and know what you’re into, they’ll tell someone else and then you’re there.”

- When I asked about what types of play are controversial or forbidden in dungeons, he was like, “Vomit.”

“Because of disease?”, I was like.

“Because it smells,” he was like.

He then added if you’re having a dungeon set up in a hotel ballroom, you can also piss the hotel off too, if you have vomitplay going on.

He also added that scatplay was controversial, because it was an easy way to spread disease, and I also asked about breathplay.

“Oh yeah,” he was like, and then there was a pause in the classroom.

“What’s breathplay?”, one of my students asked, voicing a question that was on a lot of people’s minds, apparently.

“Choking,” he was like.  “Especially restricting the esophagus around the adam’s apple so you can completely cut off airflow.”

He also added that some people weren’t necessarily getting off on those, but rather got off on things that were shocking or disgusting to other people, “And that can be a dangerous mindset,” he was like.  “Some people get into wasabi nasal fisting just because it’s there.”

“Whoa,” my one student who’s into fashion design was like.  “Is that a thing?”

“No,” he was like, “That’s just my standard joke for the most outlandish ridiculous thing someone could get into,” and at that everyone laughed nervously, and we gave him a round of applause because time was up, and then he gave a quick bit of info about the next meeting for young people interested in BDSM, in case anyone was truly curious and wanted to explore.

. . .

No comments: