Monday, March 25, 2013

Bugs redux (2 of 2): Bug dream.

(I don't have trash bags for my sink; rather, I save plastic wrappers [e.g. ramen noodle wrappers, bags from prepackaged carrots] and use those for veggie scraps and coffee grounds, and then after keeping it in my kitchen sink, chuck them that day or the next.)

The other night I had a dream -

I picked up the ramen noodle bag of vegetable scraps, and water and coffee grounds were pooled around the bottom on the sink where it had sat, and as I picked the bag up, water poured off of it, and I noticed it was torn and there were potatoes or onions inside - and masses of fruit flies were being roused and flying out of the bag and up around my hand and into the air above the sink, and everywhere I looked on the potato skins fruit flies were stirring, and I felt queasy.


No comments: