Sunday, February 3, 2013

Serious convo re: a friend's relationship.

So my one (light-skinned black) friend from Arkansas has been dating this guy she met at her New Age co-op, who's excessively hyper (to the point of mania), a know-it-all, wears a crystal around his neck, and is like in his late 30s with a 20 year-old kid and works as a server in bars with no savings and no plans for the future.

And, she's having a hard time deciding whether to keep him or not.

I pointed out in so many words that he should change, and that he's too possessive of her, and other things, and then she was like,

"So I'm gathering that you're not a fan of [the guy's name]," she was like.

And, before I even realized what I was saying, I was like, "I wouldn't put it that way, I'm a fan of a good decisions."

Thankfully she is a nice person and we were able to laugh about how awful what I said sounded (and then talk through why I felt that way).

No comments: