Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving memory.

I had Thanksgiving at my one Czech literature professor friend's house, with her mom and another graduate student she knows.

I got a ($20) (pumpkin) pie from the bakery, and also brought over a couple of bottles of wine.  I'm not sure what the other grad student brought (maybe more wine?), but my professor friend made a turkey with stuffing and these really good brussel sprouts with cheese on top, that were gone by the end of the meal.   There weren't many sides, but it was a good meal and you didn't even notice, everything was so good.

My pie had slid in the box, though, and part of the filling had flipped out and I had to flip it back into the pie crust with a knife.  I apologized when I handed it to my professor friend.

"Look, it's deconstructed," she said, as she opened the piebox lid and looked in.

No comments: