Monday, August 13, 2012

Black person story (2 of 2): New Debit Card.

Last week when I was at school, I used my new debit card for the 1st time, then had to get rid of the old one, which expires at the end of this month.

So, when I walked into the main library on campus, I asked the (older) (black) gentleman at the front desk for scissors, and he gave them to me, and I cut up my old debit card in front of him and chatted, and he said something about the importance of chopping up old credit cards so people can't get the #s off of them.

When I was done, he picked up a waste basket from under the desk and was like, "Here, you can throw that out here, so you don't have to walk all the way over there," and then he was like, "Or better yet, throw out half here, and half there!", and then he added right away, "Or, half here, half there, and half someplace else!".

"Good idea," I was like, "But I'm starting to feel like a serial killer."

At that, he laughed, and was like, "Mighty true.  As long as they don't find it!".

No comments: