Sunday, January 29, 2012

I WANT -

I think I'm done with my anti-materialistic phase. I was thinking the other day it would be nice to have more money so I could have:

- a one-bedroom apartment.
- a new computer, to replace my one from 2001/2002 (erp).
- internet at home.
- a small flatscreen.
- a Playstation.
- a share in a "Community Supported Agriculture Farm", where I give them $20 a week in exchange for a big box of produce.
- a working CD player.
- dental insurance.
- some new clothes.
- the ability to take small trips. like to that apparition site up in Wisconsin, or New Orleans.

I remember my one Dutch said that at some point being a poor grad student stops being romantic, and just starts being tiresome. I think it just started being tiresome for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are growing up. And what you want is very reasonable.

Anonymous said...

that is a really old computer. the playstation surprised me. it is an on going cost having to buy new games.

el blogador said...

I've only played through Final Fantasy III, and I want to play through FFXV. That's the most recent one, right?

el blogador said...

And so is anti-materialism a youthful thing - and materialism an adult thing? Maybe it's desire for comfort and security.