Monday, October 4, 2010

Forgotten bit from my trip home: Art appreciation.

I forgot -

I had gone to a fish fry with my parents over Labor Day weekend when I was home, and after that my mom wanted to stop into a quilt shop real quick before it was closing, so my dad and I just waited in the car for her, and while we were doing that, I noticed my dad kept looking over to the railroad tracks, and when I asked him why, he told me it was because there was graffiti on the boxcars, and he loves it.

"A lot of it's really artistic when you look at it," he was like, and added that it's tough to get any sort of precision when you use spray paint, he hated to use the stuff when he worked in construction, but the graffiti people get the coolest designs out of it.

In fact, he was so interested in it, he got out of the car and lit a cigarette and walked across the street to get a better look.

When my mom got back from the quilt shop, I asked her if she knew that my dad liked graffiti, and she said no, but it didn't surprise her, and though they've never talked about it, she likes it a lot too.

No comments: