Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Excerpt from Memoirs of an Abortion Addict.

From Irene Vilar's "Impossible Motherhood: Testimony of an Abortion Addict", as featured in the Washington Post -- the first paragraph of the book (p. 1) --

My life could be summed up by the extreme human experience of abortion. For years, reading or hearing about an abortion turned the words into a maelstrom of emotions. Every time I came upon the song by America "A Horse with No Name" or the book 'The Lust of the Just', which accompanied me during a shameful decade of my life, I was deeply upset.

I couldn't find a link for that book she read, which makes me want to read it even more

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Could it have been El Lusto del Justo?

el blogador said...

Is that a book? Was it popular in Puerto Rico?

JUSIPER said...

No, I made it up. "Lusto" isn't a word, but it's the kind of word you would make up. Though it does seem to be a word in Finnish.