Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Addendum

I forgot --

At the dinner I saw my one Belgian friend who is struggling with his girlfriend-inaugurated vegeatarianism. I asked him how it was going, and he said that when he was home over spring break, his mother convinced him to eat a rabbit that was raised by their neighbor, since they knew it had been treated well and lived off grass and hay from the guy's farm.

"I'm not dogmatic about it," he was like.

Also, his mother said that tofu and seitan and beans must be boring, and he threw it in her face (mildly, of course, he's Belgian) that she pretty much eats three meats, chicken and beef and pork, and she has enough way to prepare them so they're not boring, so why should vegetarian food be boring.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

Vegetarian food is *really* boring outside of maybe ten countries.