Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quick addendum.

My friend the second-career doctoral student said the first 2 songs left her cold, but the 3rd, a rendition of "Vogue" in front of a screen of parts of women being covered by this rapid-growing black lace that was crawling up them like a vine-ish plant, made her sit and be like, "I like this."

She thought the ending blew, where after "Give It 2 Me", done to a background of frantic Atari video games-like graphics, ground to a halt with a "sing-along" thing when it had been climaxing after it had been getting bigger and bigger, the last bit was Madonna being slowly raised up while a cube of screens reading "GAME OVER" closed around her. Right after that, dazed, she looked over and after a pause was like, "Okay."

Another number in the middle was people including Madonna jump-roping to animated Keith Haring (sp.?) graphics on the backdrop, and it just didn't work. When I asked my friend what she thought of it, she was like, "Well, it was nice, and I guess I know now that Madonna can jump rope."

No comments: