Monday, September 22, 2008

Testing / Email from my mother.

I proctored freshman math tests yesterday, and freshman language tests today. This morning I had the ancient Greek kids, and I told them to take an intro linguistics class if they wanted to continue on in Classics, since not doing that was a massive failure of most classicists, and it would chain them to dictionaries and grammars forever whereas they could otherwise be independent thinkers.

I also got e-mail from my mom today:

I took [your brother's dog] to a groomer here in [the town just south of us] to get a good shampooing. Have to leave her from 1-4. I almost went back to pick her up and nutz to the whole deal...........it was like leaving a kid at daycare. But the ladies at [the bakery] said the groomers were really good and have been in business for years. Still, I can't wait to pick her up. I bet she doesn't know what's happening. When we get home, maybe I'll stuff her full of treats and that will make up for the trauma. Oh yoy!

I think she and my dad should get a dog themselves, they like my brother's dog so much.

No comments: