Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Banana / Oldies / Etc.

An banana somehow was left in the bottom of my schoolbag days ago, and today in its mushiness it exploded all over the books in there, as I discovered when I withdrew my Novum Testamentum Graece and an 1879 commentary I had checked out on reserve from the library.

This weekend when I was driving I had this oldies station on, and as I was talking with the other people in the car, the radio took an identification break and was like "Oldies WOLX 97.8, the longer you listen, the better you feel," and as soon as I heard that tag, I exclaimed out loud, "That's right!"

Now that write that, I wonder if black women are rubbing off on me. That exclamation was pretty spontaneous, and directly conveyed what I felt to all those around me.

Also, on another note, I'm obsessed with the chorus of Ciara's "One Two Step".

Also also, I love this YouTube comment about Ciara on the video:

gthomas2785 (18 hours ago)

She needs to claim a name or something. Something she'll be known for. Like the Princess of The "A". Something, like mary's the queen of hip hop soul.

No comments: