Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Got my hair cut, and highlights, today.

So, I got my hair cut, and highlights, today. The highlights make me feel summer-y and want to go tan by the lake, though that won't be happening for another couple weeks yet, until we get no wind and about ten degrees higher, which is sad, since I really feel like going and lying out in the evening sun today.

Anyhow, Tennille has been watching a lot of movies, she said, which is unusual for her, but last night she baked up some chicken and sat down to watch a DVD of "Why Did I Get Married?".

"Oh, Tyler Perry?", I was like.

"Yeah!", she sad, and her face brightened, and she was like, "Do you like him?"

"Actually, I've never seen any of his movies," I was like, "But his Madea character seems funny and I really want to see them."

Tennille then said that she liked Madea a lot and expected her to do a cameo in the movie she watched, almost like an Alfred Hitchcock thing, but she didn't.

We then started talking about salsa lessons, and I told her how I had gone last night (they ended up letting me in; though the girl who sends out the e-mails is a tight-ass, the instructor is this lowkey 35ish Spanish woman with a tight white shirt that says 'SALSA' on it in silver sequins who just told me to stand in the front row and watch the steps close) and she was saying how she loves to salsa, but doesn't know how to that well, and how last time she was out dancing some guy asked her to do that hip thing more and she was like, "Yeah, right."

When I started telling her about how a friend's Spanish coworker used to hold these all night salsa parties that would go till like 5 or 6am and the place would be like ninety-five degrees inside and sweaty from all the people dancing, and there would be a huge trough of sangria in the kitchen, we started talking sangria recipes, and she said how her sister makes some sometimes with a recipe she got from the back of a wine bottle. She also was saying that she gets sangria at restaurants a lot when she goes out, but sometimes it's not that good.

"You know who has good sangria?", she was like.

"I don't know," I was like, "Who?"

"Hooters," she was like, "It tastes so good with a basket of hot wings. You get some sangria and a basket of hot wings, and it's just like you're in heaven."

At the end of the hair cut, after she had taken the foils off and washed my hair and cut it and tossed some styling wax in, when she went in to go take off that robe they drape around you to keep the hair off your clothes, she leaned in and whispered and was like, "Like we tell them at the other salon, 'Now you're pimpin'."

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

She must totally love you. What color highlights?

el blogador said...

Yellow-gold. They look really natural, and are the color my hair gets at the very end of the summer from being out in the sun all those months.

Anonymous said...

maybe I should have that done.