Saturday, March 29, 2008

My alternate vacation: a chance at Hollywood.

So, ever since last summer when a friend convinced me to sign up to be extras in movies, I've never been called, though he's been in a few, and his wife in a couple too, even though his wife is fucking Indian, and you're telling me they need Indian women in films more than they need white males?

Anyways, this same friend convinced me to re-register a couple weeks ago, and like the day before I left for vacation, the extra casting company calls me up to see if I can go to this university all day that Monday to pose as an undergraduate in the background of a classroom scene for a horror movie called "The Unborn", since I guess they thought I looked young-ish enough from my headshot and they were running short of real undergrads for the scene. Unfortunately, I had to say 'no', since I had rented a car for that very morning to head out of town on my vacation. Doesn't that suck? I would love to have my acting resume begin with "The Unborn", it's such a trashy-fun title. Though, since I have a weak stomach, I would never risk watching the film to see myself in it, since if I did, I'd probably pass out.

. . .

Today I called my parents. My brother's one friend was in town with his new girlfriend, this cute but slightly fat chick named "Cary" (sp.?) from the Upper Peninsula ("the U.P."), and they were staying at our house in our spare bedroom since we have the room, and the house is pretty empty with me and my brother gone.

Anyhow, it was snowing the other morning and this girl from the U.P. had just gotten out of the shower, and she was wanting her morning cigarette, it was like 8am and she was slow starting the day, so she threw on a bathrobe and grabbed a cup of coffee and with wet hair and bare feet went out on the front porch to have a puff with my dad and watch the snow come down. Like I told my mom, "Sounds like a keeper!" She agreed, and said that that Cary (sp?) was a cute girl and awfully nice.

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

I assume you were joking?

When do we get the Fairfield stories?

el blogador said...

No, I was really serious. She sounds like a keeper.

The Fairfield stories come after my other stories, since that was the last day of my trip, and the other stories come whenever I have time to write them up.