Sunday, November 18, 2007

Napping / "Welcome to the Pocket State".

This conference has been tiring me out with the long hours and the drinking, and then last night I got woken up six times by one of my roommates snoring, so I've been like the walking dead all day. I just came back to nap and found two of them sprawled out on the beds in the room watching football and daytime television to open windows and a lamp on, so I kind of mentioned that I was hoping to take a nap, so the one moved to the other bed and was like, "There you go," and then they mentioned when I asked delicately that they weren't going to any sessions until this evening. Isn't that fucked up, not even to go to a bar and watch a football game when you're in a different town? I swear that the lowest form of life is people who watch television in the daytime with the lights on. For some reason I was raised to think this, or I've thought this due to something in my upbringing, but I don't know what or why... People like that are the kind of people who think that when something doesn't bother them, it doesn't bother other people, which is the level of thinking of a toddler who covers their eyes to hide in hide-and-go-seek since they figure that if they can't see the seeker the seeker can't see them. The cockrags.

On the other hand, everyone love the idea of California as "The Pocket State", my dad's phrase he came up with this year. He says that if the U.S. is a pool table and you tip it up on end, all the oddballs roll down to the one corner and end up in California. For some reason women especially laugh at this.

On another note -- a note not mentioned in the title to this post! -- today I made a 'three-peat' of the free "new members continental breakfast" at my conference.

No comments: